Privacy & Security
Village Hats is committed to providing you with a safe environment for your personal data while hat shopping. This page outlines how we use, store, and share your information when necessary and your rights relating to privacy. If you have any further questions, please contact us.
Village Hats UK Limited is the controller and responsible for your personal data, referred to as “we” in this privacy notice.
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Post: Village Hats, 36-42 New Inn Yard, London, EC2A 3EY
Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
You have a right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
Your privacy is important to us. We only use the information you provide to us to improve your Village Hats shopping experience. Here’s what we use and when/why we use it:
|What We Use||How We Use It|
|Your name And contact details|
|Your payment details
(Please note we do not store card details, only secure Tokens)
|Basket items and wish list|
|Information about your browsing device and how you use our website|
|Your contact history with us|
|Reviews you submit to our website:|
We use the information that we collect to fulfil your orders and to create a more personalised experience. We do not sell any details you provide to us to third parties.
However, we are required to share some data with essential 3rd parties to facilitate your shopping experience with us. They are as follows:
|Warehouse Personnel (pickers, packers, and returns)|
|Website Host & 3rd Party Order and Warehouse Management System Provider|
|Law Enforcement, Fraud Prevention Agencies, and Chargeback Departments|
Please note – we have contracts in place with our 3rd party partners to ensure that all data they receive is kept safe and only processed for the purposes outlined above.
We will store your data for as long as you hold an active account with us. In some instances we may hold your data after your account is closed if it is a legal requirement or we have an established legitimate interest in the prevention/detection of fraud. If you complete a purchase or visit our website as a guest, we may also hold your details for as long as is relevant to offer customer support and prevent fraud. If you visit our website, enter your email address and have cookies enabled, we will retain your browsing history and basket items for 30 days.
If you have ordered with Village Hats prior to May 25, 2018 and maintained your subscription, we will continue to send you marketing messages messages based on the method of consent in place at the time. If you order with Village Hats on or after May 25, 2018, we will seek your full consent before sending you any marketing messages. Village Hats will also take into consideration your engagement with our marketing messages. We check our email database semi-annually to observe and analyse our click-through rate. If we notice that you have not actively engaged over several Village Hats email campaigns, we may remove you from the database.
Want to keep your head in the hat game? We want to keep you up to date with the happenings at Village Hats. If you’ve agreed to join our e-mail list, we will send you marketing messages with our newest products and promotions. We will always do our best to cater these messages to your preferences.
Don’t want to hear about new products and great promotions? That’s no problem, you can opt-out at any time. Just do one of the following:
- At the bottom of every marketing email we send you, there’s a handy unsubscribe link. Click this and you will be removed from our marketing database.
- Email our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you want to stop receiving marketing emails. They’ll take care of it for you.
- Call our customer service at 0800 009 6901 and a member of our team will be able to assist you.
Please note – it can take up to 48 hours for these changes to take effect.
We use online marketing to show you what’s new and what’s on sale.
We may target banners and advertisements to you when you are browsing other websites. We work with affiliate marketers and advertising services to do this using a range of marketing tools, like cookies, key words, ad tags and more. The ads you see, may be based on details we hold about you from previous purchases or visits to our website. For more details and to learn how to opt-out, please click here
We want you to be in control of your personal information. Here are your rights:
- The right to request and access the personal details we collect and hold from you.
- The right to correct your details. You can typically do this under My Account, however please feel free to email us if you’d like our assistance with this.
- The right to erasure of personal data, transfer of your data, and the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. This means you can request that we delete all or parts of your data that we hold or request that we stop processing it. Please email us if you would like to do this. Please note, in some instances we may be required to hold your data for up to 6 months after you’ve purchased with us for the prevention and detection of fraud and to ensure we can provide you with important after sale assistance if required (like refunds and exchanges).
- The right to opt-out from email marketing. This can be done by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on any of our marketing emails. Alternatively, you can contact our customer service team who will remove you from our email marketing database.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, supervisory authority in the United Kingdom where Village Hats is based.
It is vital for the protection of our customers and our business that we take steps to detect and prevent fraud. For this reason, Village Hats has a legitimate interest in the retention of order data for up to 6 months after the date of a purchase. If a fraudulent order has been placed on our website, we may store the delivery and contact details for this order indefinitely for the purpose of preventing further loss to our customers and company.
We use the industry standard SSL (https) technology which is certified and insured by Comodo and is the best software available today for secure commerce transactions.
Your card information is tokenized meaning we do not have your card details stored anywhere on our system. If you place an order with us on our website using a credit/debit card, you will supply your card details directly to your bank. Your bank then provides us with a secure token in place of the card number. Tokens relate only to a specific transaction and cannot be used for other purposes.
If you place an order with Village Hats over the telephone, you will need to provide your card number to a customer service representative. Our customer service representatives will enter your card number into a secure interface which will instantly transmit it to your bank – your card number will not be stored in our system. Your bank will then pass us back a secure token as described above which we can use to refund your purchase if required.
Please find details on Cookies here.