Cookies are text files stored on your computer, mobile, or other web browsing device when you access a website. Cookies permit a website to identify your device, help your browser to navigate through the website, remember pages you've viewed during earlier visits, and retain items you've placed in your basket (among other utilities). The cookies that Village Hats use are safe to have running on your computer or device.
- For essential purposes that allow our website to function. For example, keeping track of your current session on our website and enabling you to complete a purchase.
- To identify who’s using our website - this enables us to A) Recognize if you are a returning visitor and tailor your shopping experience on our website. We will do this by saving your basket items and products you recently viewed. B) Target ads to you when you browse other websites based on items you added to your basket, pages you viewed and items you searched for on our website.
- To measure the success of our campaigns by collecting analytical information about how visitors arrived at and use our website.
- To determine how you arrived at our website - which allows us to fulfil our contractual obligations and pay third party affiliates who may link you to our website.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are essential cookies that enable you to browse and move around our website. Without these cookies, vital functions cannot operate, like retaining items in a shopping basket and paying for a purchase.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our website, for example the pages visitors go to most often, and if they receive error messages from our web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All the data collected from these cookies is aggregated and pseudo-anonymous. We use this data to ensure our website is functioning properly.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable our website to remember choices you’ve previously made that are specific to you – for example your currency selection, and if you choose to remain signed-in.
- Advertising Cookies: We use these cookies to advertise on other websites. These cookies are placed on our website from 3rd parties like Google and Bing. If you have enabled 3rd party cookies in your browser, these Cookies will collect information like the pages you have viewed, the items you have placed in your basket, and your IP address. You then may see targeted ads based on the products you have viewed at Village Hats when you are browsing other websites.
There are several ways you can manage your cookie settings. You may choose to:
- Delete cookies after you’ve visited the Village Hats website.
- Use an anonymous browsing mode which will stop your browser from storing cookies once your session has ended.
- Disable cookies in your browser.
- Disable 3rd party cookies.
You can disable or enable cookies in your browser settings. Please note, disabling all cookies will affect the functionality of our website. You will still be able to browse, but you will not be able to add items to your basket or complete a purchase. Should you wish to disable all cookies, you can still complete a phone order with our customer service team (UK - 0800 009 6901 International - +44 208 903 4537). We recommend only blocking 3rd party cookies if you wish to purchase online which will disable some performance functions (such as tracking) but will permit you to add items to your basket and complete purchases. How you manage your cookie settings will depend on the browser you are using:
You can also learn how to disable Google analytics and tracking by following this link:
If you have any questions or need assistance with disabling or enabling cookies, please contact us:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Post: Village Hats, 10i Osram Road, East Lane Business Park, Wembley, HA9 7NG, UK